Thursday, September 12, 2013

Taking a One Month Hiatus to Attend Servite General Chapter (Sept 12 - Oct 10, 2013)
















Dear Readers,

I'm taking a one month hiatus to attend as a delegate of the Servites Friars of the U.S.A. Province our Order's General Chapter being held at the Servite Shrine at Weissenstein-Piatralba outside of Bosen-Bolzano, Italy.  Afterwards, I will take about a week's time to visit my relatives in the Czech Republic.  I should be back online with this blog on Oct 10 ;-).

Sincerely and in Christ,

Fr. Dennis Kriz, OSM

1 comment:

  1. I've returned now from our Order's General Chapter with a number of ideas as to how to make this blog better fit the communitarian rather than individualistic ethos of the Order. But we are committed as an Order to engage/dialogue with contemporary culture and I still remain convinced that one of the best most far-reaching ways to do so is to engage/dialogue with the film industry. Movies, after all, are both widely accessible and tightly packaged (only 2-3 hours are required to take-in one of its products, and be able to comment on it).

    So I may make some stylistic changes in this blog in the coming months, including possibly a name change (yes, that'd be a hassle, but ...). However, as far as I can see, the blog's mission remains a salutary one. So for the foreseeable future, I will continue to happily plod along with it ;-)

    ReplyDelete